Sunday, October 28, 2007

This Week's Thoughts

Err on the side of "God cares"
I give this advice (to myself and others) a lot. We ignore it a lot. What's safer? To believe God wants you to take responsibility here or that he doesn't care?

One day, I will do a grand, 6-week "summer in Scandinavia" trip. Oh, and I also need to get to Australia and New Zealand, go to grad school, and find a job...and win the lottery.

Lack of insight? Nah, not too much. Lack of will? Bingo.

"But it's the only time you get to spend with these friends." Counter-point in my internal dialogue over whether to listen to morning talk-radio or plug in my iPod.

But is it only the manifestation of a psychodynamic structure born of a intrapsychic wound?

So I've got a good idea about how Jesus would act in some situations--but how would he tolerate 8 hours next to a ridiculous and inappropriately chatty woman 3 days a week? I think I prefer martyring persecution. Yes, lions would be preferable to this.

1 comment:

Amber said...

hahaha. i love it! yes matthew! yes.